Monday, November 26, 2007

An adult but yet on-the-brink-of-entering-adulthood

Yeah, so officially I am an adult. I am 19 years old. I can vote. I can marry. I can watch adult movies (ahem...)

Let me look at myself in the mirror. It is kinda hard to think of myself as an adult when I haven't exactly done any adult stuff in my entire life. For me, I am still a teenager. I do not take life seriously. I think education (read my engineering education) is a joke. I like eating junk food, watching movies, listening to rock and hanging out with friends. I have an Orkut and a Facebook profile with a 'Friend' list. Thats what a typical teenager has and does (apart from the occasional studying thingie).
But wait....I have started thinking about issues that matter to me. I care about what happens in my country. I really really WANT to vote, take part in the process to shape my country. I have started caring about environmental issues. I reprimand my friends when they throw chocolate wrappers on the ground instead of taking a few steps and throwing it in a dustbin. I now know what I want and how to get it. I do not want to live my life with regrets.

DOES THAT MEAN I AM GROWING UP ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi........nice thoughts on nice blog......I know you won't like my suggestion....you can be creative while being an engineer...so keep your creativity going on........

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory